Just a great, great capture of how home educators feel about SB136.
Across the state, thousands of families are quietly pursing their own path. Not burdening the system, not asking for a handout, not sucking up tax dollars, not filling up the youth prisons or wreaking havoc on the streets. (No, we don’t have numbers on this. But do you know anybody mugged by a homeschooler?)
In a time when the burdens of Illinois are staggering, the menace of unregistered homeschoolers seems to rank — oh, maybe 145,678 on the list of things that need fixing, somewhere after rules on toilet paper ply strength and gerbil husbandry.
- TSSAA OKs homeschoolers (knoxnews.com)
- ALERT: Homeschool Bill Needs Support (dakotavoice.com)
- Homeschoolers Count – National Math Competition Bans Homeschoolers (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Update : SB 0136 Illinois Committee Hearing (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- What would you say to your friendly local truant officer? #StopSB136 (therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- IL State Senator: We want to know where the homeschoolers are (therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Homeschooling NIBS in ILLINOIS (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- “Education Committee – Meet Illinois Homeschoolers” and related posts (eduwrit.com)
- “Illinois Senate Bill Would Require Homeschoolers Register With State” and related posts (regularthoughts.blogspot.com)