Reagan once said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.'”
Those terrified by their government’s offer to “help” descended on the IL state capitol building on Tuesday to voice their concerns at a special hearing.
Watch the video below for highlights from the SB136 hearings.
At one point, one lawmaker asked how the state would be able to know who the home schoolers were if they don’t register. “Where are all the home schoolers?”, was the endpoint of the question.
Four thousand home schoolers attending the hearing raised their hands, laughing at such a stupid question.
- What would you say to your friendly local truant officer? #StopSB136 (therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Update : SB 0136 Illinois Committee Hearing (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- IL State Senator: We want to know where the homeschoolers are (therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Online Learning: Better than the classroom… (therightofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Homeschooling NIBS in ILLINOIS (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- Do Home Schoolers Deserve a Tax Break? (nytimes.com)
- “Illinois Senate Bill Would Require Homeschoolers Register With State” and related posts (regularthoughts.blogspot.com)
- We Must Protect This Failing House! (And To Heck With the Kids In It) (cato-at-liberty.org)
- Amy Pullella’s Son: The Case of Chronically Truant Government | James Pat Guerréro (jamespatrick1.wordpress.com)
- “Education Committee – Meet Illinois Homeschoolers” and related posts (eduwrit.com)
- Mother Jessica Heiser jailed over ‘truant’ son who missed 9 days of school (dailymail.co.uk)