Last week I signed up for Google Alerts to track developments in the John P. Wheeler case. I’ve received exactly one email on the subject between then and now and it was news I had already processed into one of my many blog posts on the subject. The rest, which have more current stories, are blogs like mine, each far removed from being able to report first-hand information and only offering speculations as to motives, circumstances, and cause of death.
Newsweek, predictably, issued a speculative smear article and character assassination against Wheeler which didn’t have enough keywords about the actual homicide to even register a hit with Google Alerts.
Curious this morning as to why that might be, I did a manual search against all news about John P. Wheeler in the last month. The latest actual investigative story about the murder that turned up was 6 days ago, and revealed nothing of any real consequence. In fact, it’s as if the case has been solved but someone forgot to report on the whodunit.
What is going on here?
Potentially plenty. Here are a couple more stories that muse on the possible connections and causes of this high-profile, but now ignored murder.
- Death of Pentagon Insider Still Shrouded in Mystery (nwoandsecretsocieties.wordpress.com)
- After two weeks, mystery still surrounds death of Wheeler (philly.com)
- John Wheeler’s Vietnam Demons (thedailybeast.com)
- John Wheeler’s Death: His Vietnam Demons (newsweek.com)
- Murdered Bush Official Tried to Burn Neighbor’s House Down? [Bizarre] (gawker.com)
- Private eye questions if death was murder – Philadelphia Inquirer (news.google.com)