Being ever so generous with citizen taxpayer money flowing to non-citizens, many of whom don’t pay any taxes, Rahm Emanuel is now saying he would support a Chicago-based DREAM act if he were to be elected Mayor.
The Huffington Post reports:
In recent months, former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel has been widely criticized by immigration reform advocates who say he did not throw enough support behind the DREAM Act when he was in Washington. Emanuel has disputed those claims, and is now out to prove just how much he supports giving the children of immigrants a chance to attend college in the United States.
The Chicago for Rahm campaign issued a press release Thursday evening touting Emanuel’s plan for immigration reform…in Chicago.
“Just because Congress has yet to pass the Dream Act doesn’t mean we will wait for progress in Chicago,” Emanuel said in a statement. “All children in Chicago deserve to have access to a quality education, and we will make sure they have that opportunity.”
So, Arizona is sued by the Federal government for picking up the slack on border enforcement after the Feds refuse to enforce a basic law of any country, but Rahm has plans to make city-only laws that are in direct conflict with the Federal government’s Constitutional mandate to protect our borders from incursion.
The madness has fully settled in. The body politic is full of gangrene.
- Rahm Emanuel Secretly Tells Union Bosses He Plans to Cut Chicago Workers’ Pensions (redstate.com)
- Del Valle Backs DREAM Act, Calls Out Emanuel for Lack of “Courage” (chicagoist.com)
- Rahm Emanuel: Arizona Shooting Is A Crisis That Should Go To Waste (mediaite.com)
- Judge rules Rahm Emanuel can run for Chicago mayor (reuters.com)
- Mike Klonsky: Emanuel’s New Campaign Slogan: I’ll Hammer Teachers (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rahm Emanuel, Joe Berrios Feuding? Cook County Dem Chair Could Be Working Against Rahm (huffingtonpost.com)
- Teamsters City-Wide Poll Shows Braun Gaining On Rahm With NO MEDIA BUYS Yet.!! (chicagonow.com)
- Jennifer Hudson Headlining Rahm Emanuel Fundraiser (huffingtonpost.com)
- Spotted: Jennifer Hudson Supports Rahm Emanuel In Chicago (newsroom.mtv.com)
- Moseley Braun LASHES OUT: Rips Rahm, Weis And Sun-Times Columnist (huffingtonpost.com)