I’m absolutely fuming about this story. Apparently a woman, who also has a pace maker and was a rape victim at some point in her life, was selected for intimidation at the hands of the TSA and three police officers. When she refused an aggressive “enhanced pat down”, she was thrown to the floor, handcuffed, and dragged 25 yards in front of security personnel and everyone else. She’s not only missed her flight to be with friends for Christmas, she’s been utterly banned from entering that airport ever again.
The reaction from people in line behind her was typical of the average American who has taken for granted all the freedoms that God Himself grants us through both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America. They blamed the victim of this crime.
You know, I’d like to think that we still have a little humanity left in this country and that we’re not all sheep giving over our free agency to the TSA. I’d like to think that at some point, the other would-be passengers would have done something…anything to put an end to what happened to this poor woman. At some point, I would hope that the “guarantee” of safety would be subsumed by a desire to do what is right and to remind our government who they actually work for.
I’d like to think that at some point the people standing behind the checkpoint and witnessing such an outrageous abuse of civil liberties as this would rise up, create a “situation”, and send a message that We The People are NOT to be trifled with and that when push comes to shove, we WILL shove back.
It’s a fantasy. We The Sheeple have given it all away. There’s nothing left.
Not even dignity.
- Khloe Kardashian Underfire For TSA Rape Comment (popcrunch.com)
- Standing Up to the TSA (lewrockwell.com)
- Travel-trained: Americans take security with sigh (msnbc.msn.com)
- Crushable Quotable: Khloe Kardashian Compares TSA Searches To Rape (crushable.com)
- Khloe’s ‘Rape’ Comment Blasted (foxnews.com)
- TSA Controversy Continues: Outraged Public Refuses to Turn the Other Cheek Over TSA Body Scans and Pat Downs (themoderatevoice.com)
- Sex crime victims wary of pat downs (cnn.com)
- Merry Christmas, rape victims! (johannhari.com)
- #TSA – Sexual Assault – Wake Up Please?A Response to @lucretiapruitt on #amplify #tcot #parents #kids #news #TSA (littlebytesnews.blogspot.com)
- What The TSA Screenings Mean For Sexual Assault Survivors [Flying While Female] (jezebel.com)
- Woman Raped By Police Officer Says Police Forced Her To Recant [Wtf] (jezebel.com)
- Cop on trial for rape says that ‘victim’ is just a vengeful ingrate (philly.com)