Just when you thought it couldn’t get any nuttier over there in the Devil’s Cathouse, we now see the First Lady gearing up to ban tasty bake sale treats.
Some parents say they are perplexed by what the new rules might allow.
In Seminole, Fla., the Seminole High Warhawks Marching Band’s booster club held a bake sale to help send the band’s 173 members to this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in New York. One of the bake sale’s specialties: New York-style cheesecake, an homage to the destination they’d pursued for 10 years.
“Limiting bake sales is so narrow-minded,” said Laura Shortway, whose 17-year-old daughter, Mallory, is a drummer in the band. “Having bake sales keeps these fundraisers community based, which is very appealing to the person making the purchase.”
- Federal bill would limit school bake sales and unhealthy fundraisers (pennlive.com)
- Hold the brownies! Bill could limit bake sales (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Bye Brownies: Bill Could Limit Bake Sales (time.com)
- Michelle Obama’s War On School Bake Sales (sayanythingblog.com)
- The newest threat to mankind? Bake Sales! (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Sugary treats out at fundraisers? (timesunion.com)
- Donate treats to the Phinney Center’s Winter Festival bake sale (phinneywood.com)