Incredible. Not only did John Tyner get harassed by TSA employees after refusing to have his groin groped in a pat-down after refusing a cancer-causing backscatter scan, he then is told he cannot fly but is free to go the opposite direction–out the front door of the airport. On his way out, he is told by another “security” officer that he will be fined and sued if he leaves.
For those of us who are more than occasional flyers (we’re usually creating business opportunity to employ people…terrorists that we are assumed to be without a trial…), the backscatter scans are dangerous. For any individual, male or female, and especially children, who might have been molested at some point in their life, the psychological ramifications are not trivial.
So, folks, you have only one of two choices. Either be seen fully naked by God-knows-who in some back room of an airport while getting a medically unnecessary dose of high-intensity radiation, or get your groin groped by God-knows-who after refusing the first choice.
The TSA was supposed to make us safe, not violate us.
- “You Touch My Junk, I’ll Have You Arrested” [Video] (jalopnik.com)
- Scans, Hands or Fines (johnnyedge.blogspot.com)
- Mad Dogs of the TSA (lewrockwell.com)
- Man Threatened with $10,000 Fine After Refusing TSA Grope [Video] (gawker.com)
- TSA Threatens To Sue Guy For Not Agreeing To Having His Groin Touched By TSA Agents (techdirt.com)
- Airline Passenger Refuses to Be Groped by Security; Becomes a Folk Hero | 80beats (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- A Man Stands Up to the TSA’s Molestation (arizonaatheist.blogspot.com)
- Why I will avoid flying from now on (wonko.com)
- Video: Man Threatened With A Civil Suit And $10,000 Fine For Not Submitting To TSA Groin Pat Down (sayanythingblog.com)
- Pilot Not Allowed Through Security After He Refuses ‘Naked’ Backscatter Scan (techdirt.com)
- Pilot Group Urges Pilots To Refuse Naked Backscatter Scans, And Avoid Groping Pat Downs (techdirt.com)
- Oceanside man challenges airport’s full-body scan (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Air Travelers Unite: Invasive TSA Pat-Downs and Body Scans Spark Protest (criminaljustice.change.org)
- What happened when one airline pilot refused to submit to “naked” backscatter scan (boingboing.net)
- [NSFW] Calls for US nudie perv scanner ‘opt-out day’ (go.theregister.com)
- “Out of Control: John Tyner Ejected from Airport After Telling TSA Agent: â€œYou Touch My Junk & Iâ€™m Going to Have You Arrestedâ€” and related posts (scaredmonkeys.com)