What you will watch and read below is called “history unfolding before your eyes”. Be a part of fixing it, or get out of the way.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials have warned visitors in Arizona to beware of heavily armed drug smugglers and human traffickers.
“We need support from the federal government. It’s their job to secure the border and they haven’t done it,” said Babeu. “In fact, President Obama suspended the construction of the fence and it’s just simply outrageous.”
Signs have been posted warning Americans not to cross into the closed off territory south of Interstate 8. Babeu said the signs are not enough – he said Arizona needs more resources to help scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels.
“We need action. It’s shameful that we, as the most powerful nation on Earth, … can’t even secure our own border and protect our own families.”
While agents in the area agree that southwest Arizona has been a trouble spot for more than a decade, many believe Washington and politicians “who come here for one-day visit” aren’t seeing the big picture.
They say the area has never been controlled and has suddenly gotten worse, with the cartels maintaining a strong presence on U.S. soil. More than ever, agents on the front lines are wearing tactical gear, including helmets, to protect themselves.
To help put an end to this madness, use NumbersUSA to send free faxes to your representatives, similar to this one:
Dear [THIS FAX WILL GO TO YOUR U.S. REPRESENTATIVE]
Please support H.R. 5016 so the Border Patrol is allowed to do its job: protecting America’s territory and preventing Americans from being murdered by illegal aliens.
Large swathes of the U.S. – Mexico border are owned by the U.S. government and fall under the jurisdiction of either the Department of the Interior or the Department of Agriculture. Currently, these departments can prevent the Department of Homeland Security and the Border Patrol from exercising their duties.
This legislation would ensure that DHS and Border Patrol are permitted to assert operational control over the border in order to carry out their mission as mandated by Congress. The bill would free DHS and Border Patrol from bureaucratic interferences that currently impact their ability to effectively secure the border on public lands. To put is bluntly, this bill will save lives.
Illegal aliens and drug and human traffickers are able to cross into the United States over federal lands because the Border Patrol is prevented from doing its job, thereby making our nation less secure. I urge you to support H.R. 5016 and right this terrible, and dangerous, wrong.
Sincerely, [YOUR NAME WILL APPEAR HERE]
Finally, remember what your president was doing on July 4th, and has done at least 8 times during the nation’s greatest crises. Another round of golf will not secure our borders, Mr. President.
- SECURE U.S.-Mexico border (socialactions.net)
- Criminal Cartels Shootout Leaves 21 Dead Near Border Obama Calls Safe (themoderatevoice.com)
- 21 die in Mexican gang gunbattle near Ariz. border -Safer than ever? (chicagoraysrants.com)
- Federal Wildlife Refuge in Arizona Becomes No-Man’s Land (foxnews.com)
- A Bloody Shootout on the Arizona – Mexico Border (beliefnet.com)
- Environmental regs, helping drug dealers and human smugglers (tech.bl0x.info)
- Violence on the U.S. border in Texas (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Lawmaker Warns Parks Takeover by Mexican Cartels, Illegals ‘Intensifying’ (foxnews.com)
- First Sderot, Now Tucson? (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- 21 dead after shootout near border in Mexico (cnn.com)
- Ariz. Sheriff Gets Death Threats Over New Law (foxnews.com)
- 21 dead in Mexican gang gun battle near US border (dailycaller.com)
- Borders’ security threat (timesunion.com)
- ‘No Plans to Reopen’ Closed Slice of America (foxnews.com)