Every once in a while I get one of those email forwards (don’t we all) that kind of nails it and I feel compelled to post it to my blog. In my mind I’m doing this oth for future reference for myself and posterity. I have to if I want to come back to it to make a point to someone I’m arguing with because I delete ALL forwards that land in my inbox, whether I read them or not.
No offense, Mom. 🙂
Now, I’m not claiming that every fact and figure in this one is accurate or that timelines are up-to-date, so PLEASE don’t harangue me with statistics and analysis on this one. But, what should be obvious to anyone with a pulse and a brain wave is that the general theme is certainly correct. ALL the programs mentioned in this meme are indeed abject failures much in the same way that the Pope is Catholic.
Also, Congress is full of morons.
So, without further ado, I present:
Walmart vs. The Morons
- Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world’s largest private employer, and most speak English.
- Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
- During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
- Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
- Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
- This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
- 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans: Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!
To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature, it is now official. You are ALL corrupt morons:
- The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
- Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
- Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
- War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
- Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
- Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
- The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every “government service” you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?