I wish the story of this prank were a prank itself, but it’s not
“He let me stutter through an explanation for the longest minute of my life,” Solomon wrote. “Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded with him to understand that I’d never seen this baggie before.”
A short time later, she said, the worker smiled and said it was his.
The worker “waved the baggie at me and told me he was kidding, that I should’ve seen the look on my face,” she said.
I’m absolutely speechless.
Solomon said she asked to speak to a supervisor and filled out a complaint, and during that process was told that the man was training TSA workers to detect contraband. Two days later, she said, she was told he had been disciplined.
“Disciplined”?! Drawn and quartered would have been more appropriate. Airlifted to Afghanistan and dropped in a cave full of Taliban meatheads would have been actual justice.
“I had been terrified and disrespected by an airport employee,” she said. “He’d joked about the least funny thing in air travel.”
Correction: TSA employees are FEDERAL employees. The woman was pranked by a federal employee paid with your and her tax dollars.
Remember this the next time you’re groped in a “random” TSA pat-down.
- Philly TSA worker gone after prank on passenger (thenewstribune.com)
- Philly TSA agent plays cruel drug baggie joke on traveler (gadling.com)
- TSA screener plants powder baggie in flier’s bag (go.theregister.com)
- TSA workers say the darnedest things (horsesass.org)
- College Student Says TSA Pranked Her (abcnews.go.com)