Willy Wonka on the Keynesians and Global Warming Alarmists
There’s no earthly way of knowing
Which direction they are going
There’s no knowing where they’re rowing
Or which way the river’s flowing
Is it raining, is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly Reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
‘Cause the rowers keep on rowing
AND THEY’RE CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING
ANY SIGN THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!
So, how’s that global warming working out for you?
Based on NASA/GISS data going back to 1880:
- The trend of annual mean temperatures since 1880 is warming of 0.59 degrees Celsius per century.
- The trend over the last nine years (since 2002) is one of cooling.
- There has been no statistically significant (at 95% confidence level) warming in 14 years (since 1997).
- The trend in March temperatures for the last 12 years (since 2000) is one of cooling.
- There has been no statistically significant warming in March for 17 years (since 1995).
- March 2012 was the coolest March in 13 years (since 1999).
Similar observations can be drawn from Hadley Center data from the U.K., which goes back to 1850.
- The trend of annual mean temperatures since 1850 is warming of 0.45 deg. C per century.
- The trend over the last 13 years (since 1998) is one of cooling.
- There has been no statistically significant warming in 16 years (since 1995).
In short, both temperature data sets (NASA and Hadley Center) show
- Minimal global warming over the last 130 to 160 years: about half a deg. C per century.
- No statistically significant global warming in the last 14 to 17 years.
- Global cooling in the last 9 to 13 years.
Taxing castles to redistribute sand…
Where the money comes from is beside the point to big-government Keynesians, who look out across the economic landscape and dream of smoothing out the sands. They’re smart and know “real things” — so when their stimulus policies fail, they blame ambition and greed because, no matter how much monetary sand they add, they can’t control what beachgoers do with it. Some dig holes, some build castles, but 99% of us spread it around more or less evenly. This election year, we’re told, 1% hoard sand, doing the equivalent of hiding cash under their mattresses. How un-American, according to Professor Obama, who told the United Auto Workers in February, “America’s not just looking out for yourself, it’s not just about greed, it’s not just about trying to climb to the very top and keep everybody else down.”
- Sen. James Inhofe: Global warming alarmism, anyone? The public is cooling to the rhetoric (junkscience.com)
- Steve McIntyre exposes another global warming alarmist fudge (virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com)
- Climate Alarmist want to add to Global Warming (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Pioneer Global Warming alarmist, retracts climate armageddon theory, now a “skeptic” (disruptthenarrative.com)
- Global warming alarmism, anyone? The public is cooling to the rhetoric – Human Events (humanevents.com)
- Global Warming Scientist James Lovelock Admits To Being An Alarmist (inquisitr.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Global Warming Author Says “Bar-Code Everyone at Birth” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- You Were Massively Looted (txwclp.org)
- James Taylor: Giving The Global Warming Bully A Free Pass (junkscience.com)