On eight of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by an average of 18 percentage points, according to a new Pew survey titled “Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”
The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.
“Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge,” said the study, which noted that Democrats outscored Republicans on five questions by an average of 4.6 percent.
The widest partisan gap in the survey came in at 30 points when only 46 percent of Democrats — but 76 percent of Republicans —- correctly described the GOP as “the party generally more supportive of reducing the size of federal government.”
The widest difference that favored Democrats was only 8 percent, when 59 percent of Republicans and 67 percent of Democrats recognized the liberal party as “more [supportive] of reducing the defense budget.”
The survey quizzed 1,000 people, including 239 Republicans and 334 Democrats.
- Understanding the GOP Supporter (donhall.blogspot.com)
- Pew Study: On Average Republicans Score Higher than Democrats on Political History (thewesternexperience.com)
- Surveys: Republicans more open-minded, better informed than Democrats (kajunman.wordpress.com)
- Media Myth Debunked: Republicans Are More Informed About Politics Than Democrats (newsbusters.org)
- Republicans Know More Than Democrats, Says Study (reason.com)
- Media Myth Debunked: Republicans Are More Informed About Politics Than Democrats (papundits.wordpress.com)
- No Surprise to Those of us Who Have Been Paying Attention (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Those “Independents” Watching Fox Are True Believers (thedailybeast.com)
- Democrats more “flexible” in their views, less tolerant of others (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Why are Republicans afraid of an open convention? | The Daily Caller (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Well Union Democrats Should Know A Lot Aboout Slavery (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Goldie Taylor Rips Tucker Carlson For Bathing In ‘Filth And Bigotry Of Fringe Right-Wing Propaganda’ (mediaite.com)